282 - Sub-Contract Manager - Apprenticeships
2 year(s) 0 month(s)
CITB aims to lead the construction sector by example to ensure fairness, inclusion and respect for all. We seek to build a workforce that reflects Britain’s diverse population and people from under-represented groups are encouraged to apply for vacancies.
Our main objective is to create a culture that helps all of our customers strive towards a workforce that is reflective of today’s society.
As a member of the management team, to provide the leadership contribution necessary for the effective operation of CITB, to externally and internally be an advocate of CITB’s purpose, aims and vision, and to work effectively with others across CITB in order to achieve the synergies that deliver CITB’s objectives. To provide management expertise across all areas of team functionality, ensuring internal integration, effective and efficient operation, and clear direction and purpose that in turn, shapes priorities, objectives and outcomes
- Operating as a member of a GB Contracts team supporting all Apprenticeship contracts in each nation
- Manage the Sub Contracts to ensure contract delivery in line with funding requirements.
- Manage the Sub Contracts to the agreed output levels and/or volumes and to an appropriate and agreed quality (including any requirements placed by relevant External inspection Frameworks and funding bodies)
- Identify, monitor and manage risk associated with contracts and ensuring appropriate business controls, continuity and contingency plans are in place.
- Undertake assurance testing on processes and transactions
- Undertake internal audit activity to ensure compliance to organisational guidelines and specific requirements of funding agencies
- Ensure Roles and Responsibilities with internal delivery teams are clear and maintained, with internal and external delivery teams being briefed on contractual requirements
- Manage sub-contracting relationships to ensure contract compliance
- Deliver an agreed escalation procedures in place for identifying and handling issues with funders and internal delivery teams.
- Maintain effective relationship with funding agencies
- Develop appropriate methods of communication for internal and external stakeholders to ensure understanding and buy-in in order to deliver contractual requirements
- Ensure all contractual documentation meets the standards required by internal and external inspection bodies and delivered in line with contractual requirements.
- Manage a contract change control process ensuring any changes to any agreements are in writing and endorsed by all relevant parties.
- Deliver agreed Management reporting (to include performance, quality and financial matters)
- Manage and control contractual income and costs to agreed budgets ensuring appropriate and accurate forecasting.
- Provide a full sub-contract management service to all provider partners in England, ensuring compliance with ESFA funding rules.
- Develop Standards and procedures to understand and Identify targets for continuous improvements and develop methods to deliver plans to achieve those improvements
Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrate expertise in developing and implementing quality management processes
- Experience in financial management of large contracts
- Strong analytical skills and ability to seek and interpret numerical, written and verbal information from a variety of sources
- Proven negotiation skills
- Understanding, knowledge and experience of Contract Management, preferably in private, public and charitable sectors
- Working knowledge of procurement processes
- Detailed knowledge and experience of sub-contracting arrangements
- Knowledge and experience of the contractual funding environment
- Basic knowledge of other business disciplines in order be able to resolve issues that have an impact beyond own professional discipline
- An understanding of how own business area integrates with other business areas in order to achieve the goals of CITB
- Understanding of the latest developments within the profession
- Experience in managing a team
- Analytical skills in order to be able to evaluate (mainly) factual information
- Experience in contributing towards planning, budgeting and policy development
- Communication, influencing and diplomacy skills in order to be able to achieve the right outcome for a team/department
- Excellent ICT Skills in Excel, Word and other MS Office packages. Knowledge of internal software packages (Maytas, Crystal)
- Knowledge of other business disciplines in order to be able to resolve issues that have an impact beyond own professional discipline
This is a mobile role, with no office base and will involve significant travel.
To apply for this vacancy, please follow the link to Apply. Any applications or CV’s received via email will not be accepted as a formal application to this advertised role.
For general queries regarding your application, please contact our customer contact services CITBemail@example.com or 0845 241 5364.
If you would like any additional information regarding the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
22/02/2020, 23:55 hours