281 - Senior Quality Consultant
A vacancy now exists for a Senior Quality Consultant to join the Quality and Verification Team; the vacancy is based around the East of England. The successful applicant’s primary role will be to provide support to CITB Approved Training Organisations delivering training and testing. The applicant will deliver a customer-centric approach to quality and verification as defined by CITB quality assurance strategy.
This is a mobile role that requires drive, creativity and great communication and interpersonal skills. You will be responsible for auditing the quality of our Approved Training Organisations.
As the roles involve regular visits to approved centres and locations around the country, you will need the flexibility for frequent, extensive travel with nights spent away from home. You will sample training records, and check the compliance of the Centre to CITB criteria
You will provide written and verbal feedback/advice, provide support, clarify issues and ensure and enforce compliance where necessary. An important part of the role is ensuring that training is consistent across standards and different location
To ensure that assessment, training, testing and verification meets the national standards by;
- Assist in the identification of high risk centres and employers and apply strategies to reduce the risk of fraud for products;
- Carrying out all types of visits to centres and employers including approvals for new centres as well as adding additional scheme approvals, investigations, site surveys, verification visits as required for the scheme;
- Take appropriate action when issues are identified with product delivery;
- Carrying out all types of visits to centres including approvals for new centres as well as adding additional scheme approvals, investigations, site surveys as required for the scheme;
- Sampling of assessment, training, testing and verification decisions that give confidence in the centres product delivery by following the CITB quality assurance strategy.
- Checking all assessor, trainer, tester and verifier applications during centre visits
- Communicating feedback appropriately to centres that contribute to a robust quality assurance programme and recommending the level of action for non-compliant centres
- Managing a caseload of centres to ensure regular visits are conducted that meet the regulatory and scheme requirements;
- Developing and delivering customer training events relating to quality assurance;
- Visit employers to assist with the accurate completion of Levy returns and offer advice to customers on actions that must be taken in the event of errors found;
- To provide support for the appeal process for products and levy grant appeals as necessary.
Knowledge and Experience
Educated to GCSE standard A-C in at least Maths and English
D32,D33 (A1) Assessor –Essential
D34 (V1) IV –Essential
D35 (V2) EV –Essential (Can be obtained once in post)
An in depth knowledge and understanding of qualifications frameworks and the principles of assessment to enable full and practical customer support – Essential
Occupationally expert in the construction and built environment - Essential
Excellent communication skills
Ability to work unsupervised and on own initiative
Ability to manage conflict in difficult situations
Full UK Driving License
Education to A level standard (or equivalent)
Recognised trainer qualification –Desirable
To apply for this vacancy, please follow the link to Apply. Any applications or CV’s received via email will not be accepted as a formal application to this advertised role.
For general queries regarding your application, please contact our customer contact services CITBfirstname.lastname@example.org or 0845 241 5364.
If you would like any additional information regarding the role, please contact email@example.com
09/03/2020, 23:55 hours