279 - Technical Developer (Courses)
Technical Developer - Courses – Permanent
Peterborough, Fletton Quays
CITB is the Industry Training Board and a partner in the Sector Skills Council for the construction industry in England, Scotland and Wales. Representing every part of our industry, we shape how training is delivered and funded to meet the UK construction sector’s evolving needs.
CITB Product Management is responsible for many of the CITB key products; ensuring they are aligned to industry needs, have maximum impact, and continue to develop as the industry and technologies evolve. These products include a range of Site Safety Plus (SSP) courses that provide the construction industry with training for health and safety awareness and career development to help maintain a safe workforce. These are designed to give everyone from operative to senior manager the skills they need to progress through the industry
As a Technical Developer with an expertise in course development, you will join a team of subject matter experts supporting the ongoing review and development of CITB courses and supports materials, as well as the development of any new courses. This will include working direct with external stakeholders supporting industry engagement, internal health, safety and environment experts and working closely with project teams.
- Be accountable for the review and development of CITB’s existing suite of courses to a defined standard
- To lead, facilitate and support effective collaboration of subject matter experts (SME) both for content and end tests for course achievement with internal and external stakeholders
- Use existing materials, publications or legislation and work in conjunction with SMEs to create learning outcomes
- To scope, design and develop course materials into a Scheme of Work
- Create materials to support the delivery of courses in the classroom environment and eLearning
- Be accountable for the accuracy, target audience and level of the course
- Be able to build and manage relationships internally and externally and be flexible to work with subject matter experts, some of whom may be remote
Key attributes for this role include an attention to detail, excellent time management and the ability to work to tight deadlines within a project environment.
As part of the Development Team you will have interactions with a variety of teams and individuals at all levels, both internally and externally. Therefore you should be a strong communicator, both written and verbal, and be able to demonstrate this.
Knowledge of developing course structures including experience in writing learning outcomes and assessment criteria would be desirable along with previous experience of working in an educational sector where you have been part of either course or qualification design or development.
Desirable attributes would be knowledge of CITB’s existing suite of health, safety and environment courses along with sound knowledge of Blooms Taxonomy.
To apply for this vacancy, please follow the link to Apply. Any applications or CV’s received via email will not be accepted as a formal application to this advertised role.
If you would like any additional information regarding the role, please contact email@example.com
For general queries regarding your application, please contact our customer contact services CITBfirstname.lastname@example.org or 0845 241 5364.
19/02/2020, 23:55 hours
This Vacancy is closed to applications.