278 - Provision Coordinator
CITB aims to lead the construction sector by example to ensure fairness, inclusion and respect for all. We seek to build a workforce that reflects Britain’s diverse population and people from under-represented groups are encouraged to apply for vacancies.
Our main objective is to create a culture that helps all of our customers strive towards a workforce that is reflective of today’s society.
To effectively manage relationships with subcontractors external and internal to the organisation in a geographical area who hold a contract with CITB for both Apprenticeship and Work Place Learning Provision. To provide information, advice, guidance and support to internal staff and external subcontractors regarding quality of provision, performance and contract compliance (Funding body rules and requirements and the Contract issued by CITB). To ensure that performance, compliance and quality of provision is continually monitored with a view to improve or be maintained to required standards. To contribute to the achievement of the organisation’s performance through delivery of quality Contract Management Review and audit work carried out in accordance with the principles of adding value and working efficiently.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
The Provision Coordinator is responsible for managing, monitoring and reviewing the performance, quality and compliance of subcontracted training providers external and internal to the organisation, and for verifying and reviewing the compliance and quality of the Delivery Team, and Processing Teams internal to the business for delivery of the contract to required standards.
The Provision Coordinator will undertake complex Contract Management Reviews which will typically involve some or all of the following as required:
- Initial research into the activity, performance, and potential risks of the providers to be reviewed.
- Planning and arranging Contact Management Review Meetings prioritised according to identified risks.
- Develop an agenda, risk evaluation and prepare a detailed list of information and documentation required from the subcontractor in preparation for the Contract Management Review for example Policies and Procedures, sample portfolios (WPL), Health and Safety Management Records, EV reports, Teaching and Learning Observation Feedback.
- Prepare financial information including profiles (WPL) and performance against targets in liaison with the Provision Manager, QSR and ILR data, and A-track to monitor learner progress against agreed targets.
- Writing and issuing a final Contract Management Review Report evaluating and summarising the key findings and forming an opinion on quality, performance and compliance against contractual terms and conditions, Skills Funding Agency, Ofsted and legislative requirements. Resolve any potential disagreements regarding judgments as required.
- For underperforming providers, ensure that SMART targets are set and monitored to improve performance and using appropriate data prepare forecasts of performance indicators as appropriate and ensure that Area Delivery Managers are informed and regularly monitor learner progress. Escalate findings to Provision Managers.
Regularly monitor and review performance and compliance with contractual terms and conditions through effective use of systems and processes by:
- Ensuring that learners are making progress against agreed targets (A-track report) and follow-up on any outstanding elements and verify that appropriate action plans and support plans have been put in place to support learners in liaison with Provision Managers, ADMs and Apprenticeship Officers as appropriate.
- Ensuring that Skills Funding Agency financial audit parameters are being adhered to by internal staff and external training providers for Work Place Learning by monitoring compliance of learner reviews and that completion of paperwork meets internal and external quality standards.
To ensure that the quality of provision of CITB and subcontractors meets external requirements to satisfy Ofsted Inspection:
- Ensuring that the quality of teaching and learning is being monitored appropriately within subcontractors and that action for improvements are identified and addressed appropriately.
- Collate summary of teaching and learning observations from subcontractors to inform judgements on quality of provision.
- Sample by observation Induction briefings and ERR delivery sessions as appropriate making constructive comments to the Area Delivery Manager and Apprenticeship Officer.
From learner survey reports:
- Discuss where appropriate any recommendations to implement with Delivery Partners and record actions taken
- Monitor effectiveness of any recommended changes by future learner satisfaction and/or increased retention and achievement
Identify and escalate to Provision Manager and any other internal stakeholders as appropriate, any risks to provision, including risks to fulfilment of Skills Funding Agency contract, risks to successful Ofsted Inspection and risks to successful outcome of Skills Funding Agency Financial Management and Controls Audits.
Contribute to the efficient operation of the Quality & Provision team & ensure that it is effective in the use of its resources. This may involve suggesting new ideas and mentoring peers.
Coordinate contract related events in liaison with Provision Managers, defining agenda, identification of speakers and topics, preparing delegate packs, venue sourcing and liaison, liaising with delegates, speakers and facilitators (internal/external), evaluation of events and managing event budgets.
Key contacts and relationships:
- Effective communication with all grades throughout the organisation and with external subcontractors, involving managing and influencing to gain buy-in to recommendations and advice.
- Ability to negotiate and persuade
- Well-developed interview skills
- Confidentiality and sensitivity where needed
- Able to liaise with external stakeholders such as Ofsted and funding bodies where appropriate.
- Degree or equivalent preferred, or business related qualification to at least Level three or equivalent
- Recognised Health and Safety Qualification, Safeguarding and E&D training as appropriate
- Previous essential experience of managing subcontracted activities and coordinating activity in line with recognised quality standards (for example ISO 9001)
- Previous essential experience of using data and information to develop action plans to improve contractual performance
- Experience of contract management working within education/training on externally funded contracts with Funding bodies and knowledge of associated rules and requirements for funding
- Knowledge of Ofsted quality requirements, desirable experience of Ofsted Inspections and SelfAssessment Reports and Quality Improvement Planning
- Ability to compile, understand and articulate data and performance statistics
- Well-developed written and verbal skills and communication techniques including presenting
- Excellent ICT skills – Excel, Word, other MS Office packages and internal software packages (Maytas, Crystal)
- Strong understanding of internal control, risk management and governance
- Good, all round understanding of the business environment, and commercial awareness
- Able to understand and draw significant factors from a range of formal documents
Special Conditions/Other Requirements: e.g. travel requirements, working arrangements
- Travelling involved, mainly regional travel with some national travel.
- 33 days holiday per year (Including bank holidays)
- Flexible benefits including childcare vouchers, cycle to work and insurance
- Pension scheme
- Employee discounts
- Long service awards
- CITB recognition scheme
To apply for this vacancy, please follow the Apply button link within the advert.
Any applications or CV’s received via email will not be accepted as a formal application to this advertised role.
If you would like any additional information regarding the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For general queries regarding your application, please contact our customer contact services CITBemail@example.com or 0845 241 5364.
19/02/2020, 23:55 hours
This Vacancy is closed to applications.