272 - Internal Quality Assurance (IQA) Supervisor (Plant Mechanics)
Manage and lead occupationally specific team(s) (employed and contracted) in the delivery of assessment and QA services to both internal and external customers throughout the UK. Manage the quality assurance of all centres and occupational qualifications offered by NCC. Manage cohorts of learners (apprentice and adult) across multiple occupations and centres. Influence and develop internal and external strategies that improve qualifications, develop new products and contribute to a culture of continuous improvement. Generate non-levy income by selling products to existing customers, potential customers, federations, national working groups and other stakeholders.
- Manage and lead assessment and QA teams (employed and contractor) in the operational delivery of departmental products.
- Manage and lead learner cohorts through: recruitment, monitoring on-site training and competency assessment - in order to meet department, NCC and organisational achievement targets.
- Maintain the integrity of all qualifications within occupational area of responsibility.
- Maintain the integrity of all centres within occupational area of responsibility.
- Support and lead other teams and individuals across the wider NCC campus and ConstructionSkills Directorates in relation to assessment and QA provision.
- Carry out effective financial/business planning to accurately forecast team income and costs to meet departmental, NCC and organisational deliverables.
- Drive non-levy income and manage costs via effective and efficient management of provision and resource. Work with Product Manager and other stakeholders to develop sales and marketing strategies.
- Work with Product Managers and other stakeholders to contribute to the development of new products, externally influence and take a leading role in qualification development, and assessment/QA practice.
- Generate non-levy income (to personal targets) by leading on proactive marketing and selling of provision to existing and new customers.
- Provide information, advice and guidance (IAG) to all stakeholders meeting the requirements of MATRIX.
- Maintain the health, safety and welfare all those involved in the assessment/QA process. Promote and ensure compliance with all organisational policies on safeguarding, equality and diversity.
- Contribute to the achievement and maintenance of all quality standards currently held or aspired to by ConstructionSkills.
- Manage the recruitment, development and training of staff (direct/indirect reports) and contractors to meet NCC business needs both current and future.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Must meet the requirements of the Consolidated Assessment Strategy for Construction and the Built Environment issued by the SSC for Construction (ConstructionSkills) for IQA
- Where required hold the relevant occupational qualifications and industry experience.
- Understanding of occupational sector(s) to be assessed/IQA’d.
- Qualified to the latest QCF assessment and quality assurance qualifications (or equivalents), and compliance with the current national occupational standards for assessment/IQA.
- A current H & S qualification (e.g. SMSTS/IOSH).
- Experience of working in an assessment centre as an assessor.
- Decisive decision making skills commensurate with that required for competency qualifications.
- Leadership and management skills.
- Ability and skills to work autonomously, with minimum supervision and lead a national workforce.
- Understanding Organisations - industry sector, SSC, federations, employers, education sector
- Driving for results – Centre/qualification integrity, qualification achievement and non-levy income
- Courage and conviction - customer needs, learner needs, staff needs, industry/legislative change
- Understanding people - learners, employers, parents, industry in general, education sector,
- Leading to win - learners to achievement, employers to help learners, industry/SSC - qualifications
For a full job description, please see the attached role profile.
- Annual pay review and performance bonus
- 33 days holiday per year (Including bank holidays)
- Flexible benefits including childcare vouchers, cycle to work and insurance
- Pension scheme
- Employee discounts
- Long service awards
- CITB recognition scheme
- Employee assistance programme
To apply for this vacancy, please follow the link to Apply. Any applications or CV’s received via email will not be accepted as a formal application to this advertised role.
For general queries regarding your application, please contact our customer contact services CITBemail@example.com or 0845 241 5364.
If you would like any additional information regarding the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
19/02/2020, 23:55 hours
This Vacancy is closed to applications.