204 - Head of Legal
You’re in the right place at the right time. We’re CITB and we’re bringing a wide range of exciting career opportunities as we set up a new Head Office in Peterborough. This is a unique opportunity for brilliant people to join our team and get involved in helping to shape our organisation and achieve our shared ambitions. CITB’s job is to attract talent and support skills development across the construction industry. And we need ambitious, talented people like you to make it possible.
About the role:
As Head of Legal, you’ll provide creative, strategic and commercial legal advice across all our core business activity. You’ll manage and deliver a first class in-house legal function and deputise for the GC at project meetings in team management matters.
You’ll provide legal oversight and effective support to all projects, while advising and supervising the Legal Team on regulatory and commercial matters, with a particular emphasis on the ITA and related legislation.
Governance and legal risk management of all legal matters across the organisation will fall to you so you’ll need to provide quality coaching and support to improve the skills, accuracy and awareness of legal ramifications across CITB.
- Qualified solicitor holding a current practicing certificate
- Minimum of 10 years post-qualification experience (or equivalent) including the following areas – regulated industry, commercial law, intellectual property rights, commercial litigation, employment law, data protection/freedom of information, public sector procurement law or charity law
- Demonstrable managerial experience and the ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Advanced analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Works collaboratively – Level 3
- Drives for results – Level 3
- Building capability – Level 3
- Communicating with impact – Level 3
- Working with courage & integrity – Level 4
- Effective decision making – Level 4
- Car allowance
- Annual pay review and performance bonus
- 33 days holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- Flexible benefits including childcare vouchers, cycle to work and insurance
- Pension scheme
- Employee discounts
- Long service awards
- CITB recognition scheme
- Employee assistance programme
To apply for this vacancy, please follow the Apply button link within the advert.
Any applications or CV’s received via email will not be accepted as a formal application to this advertised role.
If you would like any additional information regarding the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For general queries regarding your application, please contact our customer contact services CITBemail@example.com or 0845 241 5364.
• Minimum of 10 years post qualification experience (or equivalent) as listed in the role profile
16/02/2020, 23:55 hours
This Vacancy is closed to applications.